Third Spring School on Media Systems: Comparative and Transnational Perspectives. Focus on Central Eastern Europe
(Perugia, Italy, April 1st to April 4th, 2019)
VENUE and DATES
The Third Spring School on "Media Systems: Comparative and Transnational Perspectives. Focus on Central Eastern Europe” will take place at Università di Perugia, from April 1st to April 4th 2019 in junction with the International Journalism Festival (IJF) https://www.journalismfestival.com
which will open on April 3rd.
The Spring School is organized by the Department of Political Sciences
of Università di Perugia (Italy) with the collaboration of the Institute of Media and Journalism
of the USI Università della Svizzera italiana (Switzerland). The scientific committee is composed of Gabriele Balbi
(USI Università della Svizzera Italiana, Lugano), Paolo Mancini
(Università di Perugia) and Marco Mazzoni
(Università di Perugia).
Organizing committee: Rita Marchetti (Università di Perugia), Roberto Mincigrucci (Università di Perugia), Anna Stanziano (Università di Perugia), Sofia Verza (Università di Perugia), Maria Rikitianskaia (USI Università della Svizzera Italiana, Lugano).
GOALS and STRUCTURES
The Spring School is addressed to advanced Master students, PhDs and junior researchers in communication, media studies, journalism, political communication, sociology of communication and other related fields. It is particularly focused on the notion of "Media Systems” presenting, discussing and comparing global media systems and the methodological and interpretive challenges that are involved. This year, the Spring school is focused on "Central Eastern Europe”.
The Spring School is organized in four working days (from Monday morning, April 1st to Thursday noon, April 4th 2019) and is structured in three main parts:
CREDITS FOR PARTICIPANTS
- Lectures by established scholars providing an overview on theoretical definitions and aspects of global media systems and, then, in the second part, specifically on the Central Eastern Europe media systems as compared to other systems;
- Presentations by participants who will be offered the opportunity to discuss their research projects with professors and with other students/colleagues to refine their theoretical and empirical ideas;
- Meetings and Q&A sections with people involved in the IJF. Participants will also enjoy the Festival’s sparkling environment and have the chance to have discussions with selected prestigious figures of international contemporary communication in dedicated sessions.
HOW TO APPLY
- 2 ECTS credits will be given to participants who successfully attend the classes, present their research, and join the discussion.
1. Potential participants are invited to apply sending to email@example.com
by January 27th, 2019
the following documents:
- CV and list of publications;
- A 500-words outline of their research projects focusing on key research questions and hypotheses; methodologies; case studies; preliminary results; future research;
- A letter of motivation (no more than 500 words);
2. Selected participants will be announced by January 31st, 2019
. After being accepted, selected participants will complete their application through the website of Università di Perugia. A formal announcement will be issued at this regard with all the information on how to apply and how to pay the €550
fee. Such fee will be paid in two rounds of respectively €76 (by mid-February) and €474 (by beginning of March). The fee includes: lectures and discussions; 4 nights’ accommodation with breakfast and lunch; in addition, a city tour plus a farewell dinner in Perugia old town.
CONFIRMED SPRING SCHOOL PROFESSORS
(USI Università della Svizzera italiana)
(Università di Perugia)
(Università di Perugia)
(University of Zagreb)
(University of Wroclaw)
(University of Oxford)
Please visit our website https://springschoolmediasystems.com
for more information